Wednesday, November 11, 2009

News

You have no idea how many times I have started this update and then deleted it because it wasn't up to the journalistic standards that you have all come to expect. In fact the other day I had finally written a little blogging masterpiece only to have it disappear into the blogasphere never to return. It was truly a triumph of humour, emotion and information all packed into one easily readable paragraph and it was gone, snatched away in it's prime. Can you tell I'm still a little bitter?

Anyways, what we really want to share is not about us or my petty little blogging problems. It is something much more important and miraculous! Something that is beyond the pale, something that will stupefy and amaze you! Something that is making you say, "Get on with it man, spit it out, enough with the monumental amounts of hyperbole!" Fine I say, I will succumb to your pestering and bullying and announce that we have an announcement! We, being Tammy and myself, are entering a new phase of life. We are going to be grandparents. There, I said it! Our daughter Kait and her husband Richard have informed us that we will be entering the world of grandparenthood next year, sometime around the end of April. Is that amazing or what!? Sometimes I think this is even nuttier then when we had our own kids. I mean, I didn't have a clue at all about what I was getting into then and now I'm sure I have absolutely no idea! Although we have been able to spend a significant amount of time amusing ourselves with what the little gaffer is going to call Tammy. I mean there are some really great possibilities, none of which I am allowed to share.

Tammy and Matthew will be heading back to Canada in mid-April to welcome this little bundle into the world. At this point we are not sure when I will return, but we are hoping no later then the beginning of June. We are excited about this new addition and look forward to making sure it gets properly enculturated into all things Goertzen!

3 comments:

Bob Toews said...

Grandpa Gary, and Grandma Tammy.... It seems like just yesterday we we playing Marco Polo in your backyard pool... time sure seems to pick up speed as the years go by!!!

Great news!

Bob, Kristal, Clayton, Jessica & Trevor

Tamara said...

Wow!!! Congratulations! That's so awesome! Being a grandparent is the best thing ever! And I say that with experience, very very good experience. Our #3 grandbaby will be arriving sometime next week. Yay!

Anonymous said...

I knew what was coming as soon as I read "it's much more important"! It's going to be funny thinking of you as grandparents.