Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Through the eyes of Josh

Hi everybody, first of all I would like to say that life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. In this case my box of chocolates has every kind imaginable. Life here in Portugal is very...different to say the least. For instance, I have never had to take an elevator to take out the garbage before, never seen so many National Geographic movies before, so many cigarette butts on the ground ever, or ridden so many buses that are driven like race cars. While we have been here we have met some people who own a restaurant. We eat there regularily now, but the first time we went there, I ordered a hamburger and thought, hhmmmnn a hamburger, a nice bun with cheese and maybe even some bacon. So I waited and waited and eventually they brought it out, but there was no bun, or bacon, there was only meat and cheese, and then they gave me a fork and knife. It was good, but not as good as a Mount Olive Evangelical Free Church " Cruise Night" burger, good gravy I miss those! All in all, it is not so bad here, I mean other than being bored lots of times, it is kind of fun here. The weather is just as random as Three Hills, except there is no snow, but I do enjoy it here, so anyway...ahh keep your stick on the ice. Josh

2 comments:

Paula said...

No bun???

Well, that leaves more room for those fantastic pastries for dessert, right?

We are in Juarez, Mexico right now on a mission trip, all three of us. We are eating lots of beans. I don't know if you know what this does to Lance...but let me just say we are all suffering for the Lord. LOL!!

Dios de bendiga! (don't know if I spelled that right)

Richard Evans said...

heyo!! I'll ship you a M.O. cruise nite burger Josh.... it may not make it there in great shape but ti'd still be a burger!